Friday, September 18, 2009

Upcoming Releases Redux & The Future

This blog will focus on a couple of things. Those things being mini-reviews, and what to expect of future blog entries.

In my previous entry I mentioned some of the upcoming music releases I was looking forward to. I'd like to follow-up on some of my opinions about what I've heard of those releases. The Beatles re-issues came out on September 9th, and I was fortunate enough to scramble up enough cash to buy one of the cds. It would have been nice to have been able to buy the box-sets, but alas, I cannot afford such luxuries. I ended up purchasing Abbey Road, the final album, and my personal favorite recorded by the Fab Four (yes, Fab Four deserves to be capitalized). After I bought the cd, I rushed to the car to put it in. When "Come Together" started, I turned it up as much as possible and just started listening for quality differences from the 1987 cd releases. It sounded so much more clear, and put together. By the time I got to "Oh! Darling" I was singing with it at the top of my lungs. This continued until the amazing climax in "The End" when they say, "And in the end, the love you take is equal too... The love... You make." I can't wait to get some more of these remasters.

A few of the new AFI tracks from Crash Love have leaked online. The single "Medicate" isn't amazing, but it's okay. The first song on the record "Torch Song" is such an evolution from the past, and sets the tone for the rest of the record. "Beautiful Thieves" was also leaked and is very catchy and loveable. Another leaked track was "End Transmission" and it's my favorite so far. It seems so familiar and gives me chills. The last leaked song is called "Darling, I Want To Destroy You". It's got a great chorus, but reminds me of another song by a different band at the start. It's probably my least favorite of the newly leaked songs, but is still obviously the catchy AFI I love.

Now that I have gotten those mini-reviews out of the way, I'd like to move onto the topic of the next blog... TATTOOS! I have three tattoos, the most recent is brand new. I'm gonna post pictures and meanings behind all of my tattoos when the new one heals. I got my first one 4 years ago, and I still don't regret it... even though the naysayers always say that people end up regretting their tattoos. Life is too short!

That's all for tonight. My goal is to update this blog more often. We'll see how that goes!

-Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment